Ad Source: Craigslist
Location: Brevard, North Carolina
Asking Price: $8,900
- Model Year: 1989
- Odometer: 180,683
- Engine: 8 Cylinder
- Transmission: Automatic
- Seller Type: Private Owner
- Contact: Not Provided
- Phone: See Below
- Email: See Below
More Details & Pictures
Well, I hate to get rid of my favorite vehicle ever, but it is time for her to go to a good home and someone that can finish fixing her up. We simply don’t use her much anymore and she deserves better than we can give her. If you have ever owned a Grand Wagoneer, you understand how great of a vehicle they are, especially the coveted 1989-1991 versions. When all fixed up, these sell for $25K-$45K, and for good reason.
She needs a lot of work, especially body work to stop the rust that has really taken hold in multiple places. Luckily, there are a few websites which sell just about everything for a Grand Wagoneer, so if you have the time/money, you can fully restore these classic machines.
This is for SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY PLEASE! Read below for a list of the Good and Bad things about this project vehicle.
– Newer Rebuilt Engine (about 10K miles on it, I have the receipt, Mopar 5.6L 360 V8).
– No major body damage (besides the rust of course, but no major dents)
– Has all the original chrome trim.
– Brand new battery
– She starts and runs
– She drives pretty well
– Power seats and windows work (except the tailgate window)
– I have the 3M “Wood Paneling” vinyl stickering to put on her once she is repainted (worth about $1200).
– Newer Radiator
– Newer leaf springs (I was going to get her the 4 inch lift kit- the front springs are starting to sag again).
– I have a brand new rear rear body panel (too much rust to deal with, so bought a new one… you can buy most of the body panels/fenders for about $100, metal).
– All the original trim (very rare and expensive to replace).
– 4 wheel drive works great (no need to lock hubs, just slide the button from the driver’s seat)!
– She shifts pretty smoothly once warm, but probably needs a transmission flush.
– Huge cargo area (I put a mattress in the back when camping and sleep in her).
– Newer stereo deck with DVD player, touch screen (needs new speakers though).
– Heater and cabin blower motor work.
– She is an excellent 4×4 vehicle!
THE BAD (Major Stuff)
– Very bad rust in multiple places, especially the roof (I was going to chop off the top and do a custom roll bar)
– The newer engine has a slow oil leak and didn’t know about it until engine was already installed (leaks when the engine is warm).
– No AC (it wasn’t working when we bought her and haven’t looked into it but the compressor is there).
– Will need a new power steering pump soon.
– I would recommend a new starter soon.
– Needs a new thermostat (she will start to overheat if sitting in traffic too long or going up really long hills, but runs at good temperature most of the time).
– Needs new tires soon.
– The fuel sensor gauge works but apparently isn’t the correct one for this vehicle (fuel sending unit), but tells the fuel level OK.
– Needs new electric window and door seals.
– Needs new window motor for tailgate window.
– Needs either some seat covers or new upholstery.
– Needs new cargo bed liner/carpet kit (you can buy them online)
– Needs new headliner.
– Several of the door arm rest have come off/need repair.
– Needs a new paint job badly!
– Horn should be fixed (I have hooked up a temporary horn button).
– Power Mirror buttons/module is missing (you can buy them on eBay, or replace them with manual ones).
– Other small things of course if you want her to be perfect, but that is the major stuff. She could use a really good deep cleaning of course…
Please, SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY!
Craigslist is full of Scammers and Flakes, so please don’t waste either of our time if you don’t have the cash in hand and are ready to buy this awesome vehicle.
No commentary, Lowballers, or Scammers need reply.
She is currently insured, registered, and I have the clear Title in hand.
Test drives allowed with cash in hand. Asking $8,900 for her.
Craigslist Link Expired
Last Updated on March 1, 2020 by Wagoneer For Sale